Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Returning a favor - BLOOD4

A while back I got some nice words about my blog from a fellow blogger in Brazil. So I want to return the favor. Frederica Cassis is a psychologist at a hemophilia hospital clinic in Sao Paulo, Brazil. She believes in the power of images and uses what she calls ‘blood symbolism’in her hemophilia work. People like Frederica; our doctors, nurses and social workers are so precious to our (relatively) small bleeding disorders community.

Frederica helps the children in her care educate themselves about hemophilia and cope with living with a bleeding disorder. She has created a flashcards game to teach kids about blood clotting and hemophilia called HEMOACTION. Examples of some of the HEMOACTION cards are below. For more about HEMOACTION go here.

I can barely put two coherent thoughts together at one time and Frederica blogs in French, Spanish and English. Remarkable!

Thanks, Frederica.

Visit her at BLOOD4

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank you Patrick !
you put some of the images too!
I feel encouraged each time to continue and improve my communication skills.
:)
frederica